Friday, November 21, 2008

Who I Am [original]

This is a tune I wrote recently. It's called "Who I Am", which pretty much sums up what it's all about.

Here are the words:

Who I Am-
Ali Losik
9-08


I'm the girl in the back of the
class with a cap pulled on
down to my glasses and
sarcastic eyes,
bright and blue.

I'm the one who will play the pi-
ano 'til late just be-
cause I've got nothing else
better to do
It's sad, but it's true.

CHORUS:
Everybody knows me and how I am:
I go and I remain.
Everybody knows me and who I am:
I'm different and the same.

I don't like to look in the
mirror because I don't
care how my hair looks to
day.
I think it has grown.

I kiss all my cats and my
dogs before leaving the
house and they bark and they
meow at me
once I come home.

:bridge:
I'm accident prone, I broke my wrist
-bone one August night,
riding my scooter, I'll have to take that corner more tight.

CHORUS

Swimming is fun just be-
cause I don't have to re-
late. I put my head
down
and I go.

I don't like to read, I pre-
fer the tv because
reading reminds me of
school and how
that's all I know.

CHORUS

1 comment:

mle said...

I totally meant to check your blog each day to hear your songs and I TOTALLY forgot! Sorry. So now I am catching up and I love this one! I miss ya Ali!

My Zimbio